The ROE Act (S.1209/H.3320), also known as the "Infanticide Bill", is so horrific that even self-identified pro-"choice" advocates claim that the bill is too extreme. The bill was written to remove commonsense laws designed to protect mothers. In fact, states that ave removed such regulations have seen deaths like those of Keisha and Claire.
The ROE Act:
• Removes protections for newborn babies who are born alive having survived a failed abortion (opening the door to infanticide);
• Eliminates the requirement that a parent (or at least a judge) consent before a minor girl undergoes an abortion; putting them at risk of being abused by an adult;
• Allows abortions of viable unborn babies to be performed outside of a hospital, endangering women;
• Increases taxpayer funding of abortion, by diverting money from Healthy Start, a program intended to reduce infant mortality among the poor;
• And eliminates all criminal penalties for the performance of any abortion—whether coerced, sex-selective, eugenic, incompetently executed, performed by a non-physician, inflicted on a victim of sex trafficking, statutory rape, or other sexual abuse, etc.
Massachusetts women deserve better than the ROE Act! You can read a full analysis of this bill here.
Say no to extremism. Say NO to the ROE Act!
Sign our petition below and contact your legislator to oppose the "R.O.E." Act.
National news has been focused on Virginia's promotion of infanticide. Or on New York, where Governor Cuomo just signed extremist legislation to increase abortions in his state.
Here in Massachusetts, however, we have our own infanticide law lined up. S.1209 legalizes infanticide, removes parental notification, abortion waiting periods, and the requirement that late-term abortions are done in a hospital.
We have to ask: Hey, pro-woman pro-choicers - what happened to safe, legal, RARE?
No matter what side of the political or ideological spectrum you fall on, S.1209 is extreme and dangerous.
What can you do? First, sign the petition! Let Governor Baker know, Massachusetts does not endorse infanticide & child abuse. Second, get educated. Review the quick facts below.Read more