What do you call a principle without any practice?
A phantom, because it doesn't have life or body!
With that Halloween-style lead-in, we'd like to invite you to join us during Respect Life Month putting our pro-life principles into practice. It doesn't take a national revolution to create tangible changes in society. Just one video posted by a pro-life individual saved Baby Myles.
Here are 3 things you can do during October to save babies, change lives, and give hope. Respect isn't an idea, it's an action. Being pro-life, as so many of you show us every day, is a verb, not a noun. Using your time like this member, and holding a sign at the abortion facility, literally saves lives.
TAKE ACTION DURING RESPECT LIFE MONTH!
OUR 2020 VISION IS PRO-LIFE
- Join 40 Days For Life. Sign up for a couple hours per week. If you would like to join someone who's done it before, please send us a note. We'll partner you with someone! Statistics show that no-show rates for abortions rise to over 50% when there's just ONE person outside the clinic. Be that person!
- Join the Massachusetts Walk for Life (virtually!). Clock 5 to 15k (or more) from now until the deadline for the R.O.E. Act. Here are some great ideas on how to make this a safely-distanced but still strong statement in defense of our women and preborn children. Much like other virtual walks, raise as much support as you can by asking friends and family to support you; and then walk or run whenever you can. (Have your official fundraising link set up by emailing C.J. - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join the first-ever Dr. Mildred Jefferson Symposium ONLINE, featuring a debate on the question, "Is Abortion Immoral?" A great opportunity to invite friends who may be pro-choice or on-the-fence, or get your chapter together for a watch party. Stay tuned for official registration details!
There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe nor politic nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
It’s a challenge to actively be pro-life in Massachusetts. Particularly in Northampton, where I live, advocates for the preborn are few. Voices of abortion rights supporters drown out those of us who speak for the voiceless.
For many years, I responded with a relative non-response: silence born of intimidation. But gradually, my conscience awoke to the reality of the behavior that’s become “normal,” and smothered my fear.
Then I sprang into action born of love.
Love for women who get lies, when they most need support.
Love for fathers who never know, who are just as scared, or who buy the same lies.
Love for doctors whose sight fails them.
Love for politicians who trade lives for votes.
And aching love for innocent, lost members of our society, whose potential we will never know.
Meaningful action relieves the pain that abortion injects into our world.
Whereas sitting on the sidelines became increasingly uncomfortable for me, taking to the field energizes as no endorphin can do, especially when you play with a great team.
I know you love as I do.
So show your love in action. Join our team, advocate for the voiceless, and jump off the sidelines into a lifesaving game.
Or donate to bring another into this freeing, life-saving demonstration.
This year’s theme: Love in Action.
Recruit friends, bring family, post photos with the #LoveInAction hashtag, and show others how to play the game—and win.
It may not be popular to be pro-life here. It may be esier to stay home and keep quiet. But to defend the lives and rights of our vulnerable citizens, whether preborn or born, requires us to listen to our conscience and actively, boldly love.
See you on the Common,
Myrna Maloney Flynn
Vice President, Massachusetts Citizens for Life
Register for the Fall 2020 Massachusetts March for Life.
This year, we'll double our impact, visibly demonstrating the strength of numbers of those who support saving, instead of discarding, the lives of our women and preborn. This event will be held in November, 2020, but please stay in touch as we continue to monitor the circumstances surrounding the pandemic.
Register for the 2020 Massachusetts March & Walk For Life.
It's never too early to start planning when a plan can save instead of take lives.
Submit your $25 entry fee below, and get started on that fundraising!
Most of our marchers have never participated in a fundraising event, and yet the average first-time walker can raise over $1,000.
Here are some fundraising tips:
Make a plan. Work with your team to set a fundraising goal and develop a simple plan.
Use your personal profile on our web page as a fundraising page. The second you register, find your unique link (for example: masscitizensforlife.org/cj), and get busy on social media! Statistics show that friends connected via FaceBook and email, when asked, are 5x more likely to pitch in to your walk than those not given an easy online way to support you. Even if computers aren't your communication method of choice, you will find this tool simple, and our team is always available to answer any questions you have.
Don’t Be Afraid. You never know who may have been deeply impacted by our throwaway attitude towards our fellow human beings. From abortion-coercion, to post-abortive suicide, from doctor-prescribed death to siblings who have lost siblings to abortion... So many people are suffering in silence – your strength will be their inspiration, and invitation, to heal.
Most people need to be asked 6 times before they make a donation. Just because the first Facebook status or email didn’t receive a donation, does not mean you won’t receive one. Follow-up with everyone you know. Again. And again. And again! Lives are on the line.
Spread Awareness to Save Lives. The most important aspect of your fundraising effort is educating people about our mission. Think of it like dominoes: the facts that you share with one will get passed along to another. You may just be the instrument to save an irreplaceable life.
- Show Your Gratitude. Thank everyone who supports you. You can show it by phone, show it in person, show it in personal card. But let your gratitude show. Those who partner with you on this historic walk should know that their contribution- large or small- means the world to you, and is critical to the cause.
- Finally, every dollar you raise saves lives. Whatever resources you raise for your walk go directly into our outreach efforts, and save lives like these.