National news has been focused on Virginia's promotion of infanticide. Or on New York, where Governor Cuomo just signed extremist legislation to increase abortions in his state.
Here in Massachusetts, however, we have our own infanticide law lined up. S.1209 legalizes infanticide, removes parental notification, abortion waiting periods, and the requirement that late-term abortions are done in a hospital.
We have to ask: Hey, pro-woman pro-choicers - what happened to safe, legal, RARE?
No matter what side of the political or ideological spectrum you fall on, S.1209 is extreme and dangerous.
What can you do? First, sign the petition! Let Governor Baker know, Massachusetts does not endorse infanticide & child abuse. Second, get educated. Review the quick facts below.
- S.1209 LEGALIZES INFANTICIDE and removes the requirement to save the life of 7, 8, or 9 month old child who survives the abortion. If the baby is born during a late term procedure, alive, he or she can be killed there on the operating table.
- S.1209 REMOVES out all parental involvement - children will be able to go to an abortion clinic for any reason, without parents being notified. This promotes sexual abuse, gives predators a free pass,
- S.1209 GIVES ABORTIONISTS CARTE BLANCHE TO KILL - their decision "may be exercised in the light of all factors-physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the person's age-relevant to the well-being of the patient." In other words, if you feel that the cost of college is a strain on your family, and you tell the doctor, you can get an abortion up to birth. This means, if the doctor decides you have a genetic risk for diabetes or for a child born with a disability, abort at any level of development.
- S.1209 WILL MAKE ABORTIONS PERFORMABLE OUTSIDE OF A HOSPITAL. THIS EFFECTIVELY LEGALIZES BACK ALLEY ABORTIONS.
- S.1209 WILL REQUIRE THAT "Healthy Start" funds be used to pay for abortions on middle-class women that do not have Medicaid/Masshealth. Ironically, "Healthy Start" is a program begun to lower infant mortality rates, and serve underprivileged and at-risk mothers.
We don't endorse infanticide in this state. And the side provisions within this bill remove the few common sense protective restrictions Massachusetts still holds to protect the woman's health. These provisions fly in the face of the good-faith pro-choice stance, and your voice will make a difference in defeating this legislation.
Share these facts. Donate to allow us to bring rallies and our No to Bad Law: #ENDINFANTICIDE Campaign to the State House. Join the movement of MCFL advocates out across the state, speaking up for those with no voice.