One Gave Life: A Tribute to Mothers
Your short film may take top honors at MCFL’s Mother’s Day Dinner. Better yet, it may save the life of another.
The Massachusetts Citizens for Life Youth Film Contest is an opportunity to use your creative gift to tell the stories of moms: your mom, another mom, a mom whose time has passed, or a mom-to-be. We're celebrating motherhood for what it is: the most important and revered loving sacrifice of our society.
Produce a video that pays tribute to motherhood. We welcome submissions from filmmakers of any experience level, ages 15-25.
Deadline for entries: October 10, 2020.
- Film submissions must reflect the intrinsic value of the individual human person, and may focus on the following: euthanasia, abortion, lethal discrimination via abortion or doctor prescribed suicide. All films must engage with the reality that human life should be cherished from conception to natural death.
- Tone, genre, and style are at the discretion of the filmmaker.
- Short films must not exceed 3 minutes.
- The video file must be under three (3) minutes in length (all copyrighted material will be removed). It is recommended that video file size be kept under three hundred (300) MB for quicker upload/encoding time. Finalists (as defined below) may be asked to provide higher resolution files. Video files must be provided in one of the following file formats: .MP4; .MPG; .MOV; .AVI; or .WMV.
- For all video submissions shot in 16:9 aspect ratio, they should be center cut protected. Finalists may be asked to provide the original audio and video files used during production of the entry for broadcast purposes. This may include uncompressed QuickTime files, final audio mix and/or separate audio tracks for dialogue, music, and effects. These items are not mandatory to become a Finalist (as defined below).
A panel of judges, as determined by MCFL, will review and judge submissions according to the following Judging Criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Adherence to Contest Rules 25%
Prizes will go to the top three (3) submissions received, judged according to the above criteria.
Submit your entry to [email protected] through Dropbox or YouTube.
Or snail mail us a thumb drive or disc with your film.
- Your full name
- School (if applicable)
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Title of film
- Short bio (1-2 paragraphs maximum)