Are you as excited as I am to finally see 2020 coming to an end?
Without question, 2020 was one of the most difficult storms all of us have had to weather. But one thing is certain: we powered through those many challenges together.
This year showed us what matters most in life, and also that we really don’t know what may happen in the next month…or even next year.
I know this may be a tough ask considering all that has happened this year, but because of you, we have a lot to be grateful for! Here are a few of the accomplishments you’ve made possible in 2020 because of your membership with MCFL:
- We forged a new partnership with Tom Harvey, Esq. and his Alliance to Stop Taxpayer Funding of Abortion. Together, in the months ahead, we will work to add a ballot initiative question to individual ballots in the coming years, in an effort to prevent your money from funding abortions in Massachusetts;
- We recruited more activists and volunteers this year than any year prior, who dedicated their time and energy educating others on the dangers of the R.O.E. Act while also promoting a life-affirming message in their communities;
- We engaged with every state legislator to educate him or her on the dangers of the R.O.E. Act. The result? A bill akin to those that sailed through states like New York and Virginia has yet to pass here in Massachusetts -- and has even been met with resistance by our governor -- due to your partnership with MCFL;
- We partnered with students at Harvard Right to Life to host the first Annual Dr. Mildred Fay Jefferson Symposium, where pro-life all-star Stephanie Gray Connors debated notorious abortion supporter Professor Peter Singer;
- MCFL’s online educational materials appeared over 1.51 million times in Google searches, resulting in nearly 50,000 engagements, mostly with students doing research and requesting quotes and interviews with MCFL staff and leadership;
- We held our first virtual event with abortion survivor Melissa Ohden and civil rights icon, Dr. Alveda King, bringing our events to the 21st century and reaching wider audiences;
We have a lot to be proud of in 2020, but we also have a LOT of work to do looking ahead to 2021.
First, it is blatantly obvious the pro-abortion groups like Planned Parenthood and NARAL of Massachusetts are furious with us for the amount of pressure you and your fellow MCFL members put on legislators. Despite many of their deplorable votes in favor of the heinous R.O.E. Act, many legislators were made very uncomfortable and only did so because they were threatened with having the pro-abortion machine run someone against them in a future primary. Of course, that still is no excuse for voting in favor of irresponsible legislation that endangers the lives of our women, girls and infants!
Additionally, Governor Baker, who is a self-proclaimed “pro-choice” politician, vetoed the new abortion bill (H. 5179) on Christmas Eve. This only happened because of you and your fellow MCFL members calling and emailing his office relentlessly. Yet the House and Senate chose to override his veto. Our work is not done yet!
As we look ahead to 2021 two things are perfectly clear:
We will be increasing our education efforts for students, the general public, and especially for legislators. We know our educational efforts are creating a more pro-life generation among the youth in our state. We saw a lot of people come over to our side when we explained the R.O.E. Act to them, and so we need to start re-educating the general public about the humanity of the unborn child and the horrors of abortion.
- MCFL will be taking on our largest pro-life recruitment efforts in the organization’s history. We hope to identify thousands of new pro-life individuals in the state who can help us in our grassroots pro-life efforts. We cannot allow the pro-abortion lobby to continue to have the influence they do in our state anymore. We must counter their efforts with a strong and robust pro-life organization. MCFL is the only single-issue organization dedicated to the LIFE issue that can accomplish this.
In order to do this, we need to raise an additional $30,000 before midnight on December 31st. This is an ambitious goal, but if everyone receiving this email gave their most generous gift today, we would easily reach our goal -- and begin our work immediately.
Can I count on you now to make an end-of-year contribution to MCFL to help us end 2020 on an optimistic, hopeful, life-affirming note? If yes, use this link to make your generous gift now: https://www.masscitizensforlife.org/2020campaign
As the only single-issue pro-life organization in Massachusetts, we rely 100% on the generosity of our faithful members and donors to accomplish our pro-life mission.
All of us at Massachusetts Citizens for Life are ready to fight on your behalf, but we need your help. Please click here to make your end-of-year gift today. Thank you! I look forward to updating you on our ascent to $30,000 in the coming days. Together, we can do it!
Myrna Maloney Flynn
President, Massachusetts Citizens for Life