William Barringer signed Say NO to "R.O.E." (S.1209/H.3320) via Patricia McCabe 2019-03-16 13:38:12 -0400I am a democrat, but I am ashamed that democrats could support a bill like this. This is a disgrace and represents legal murder. Anyone who supports this bill needs to look themselves in the mirror and think “how could I do this?”. This also provides terrible people like Trump/Pence with the moral high ground.
The ROE Act (S.1209/H.3320), also known as the "Infanticide Bill", is so horrific that even self-identified pro-"choice" advocates claim that the bill is too extreme. The bill was written to remove commonsense laws designed to protect mothers. In fact, states that ave removed such regulations have seen deaths like those of Keisha and Claire.
The ROE Act:
• Removes protections for newborn babies who are born alive having survived a failed abortion (opening the door to infanticide);
• Eliminates the requirement that a parent (or at least a judge) consent before a minor girl undergoes an abortion; putting them at risk of being abused by an adult;
• Allows abortions of viable unborn babies to be performed outside of a hospital, endangering women;
• Increases taxpayer funding of abortion, by diverting money from Healthy Start, a program intended to reduce infant mortality among the poor;
• And eliminates all criminal penalties for the performance of any abortion—whether coerced, sex-selective, eugenic, incompetently executed, performed by a non-physician, inflicted on a victim of sex trafficking, statutory rape, or other sexual abuse, etc.
Massachusetts women deserve better than the ROE Act! You can read a full analysis of this bill here.
Say no to extremism. Say NO to the ROE Act!
Sign our petition below and contact your legislator to oppose the "R.O.E." Act.1,598 signaturesAdd signature