By Rita Russo, Coordinator of 40 Days for Life campaign, Boston
Our third Friday night Candlelight Vigil will be on March 2 and led by Fr. Jurgen Liias and the seminarians from Pope St. John XXIII Seminary.
We are looking for 40 parishes to Witness for Life this Lent, one for each day of the campaign. A participating parish signs up to dedicate a particular daily Mass and Eucharistic adoration at the parish. All-day adoration would be great or a Holy Hour, if that’s what you can do.
We invite those who are able to come to the Vigil location, outside Planned Parenthood, 1055 Commonwealth Ave, Boston. Learn more by visiting 40daysforlife.com/boston.
Things are going will in our Witness for Life Initiative. I received this lovely email yesterday from Sister Carmen Christi of the Daughters of St. Paul:
Count all our community, 70 strong, united in prayer for the 40 Days for Life Campaign, with special prayers throughout this day of Eucharistic Adoration.
God bless you.
Here is the current list of participating parishes:
- Wednesday, 2/28: St. Joseph the Worker in Hanson will have mass at 7 pm followed by an hour of Adoration.
- Wednesday, 2/28: St. Mary’s in Waltham will have adoration 12:45 to 4:30 every Weds. in Lent in Chapel of Religious Ed. Bldg.
- Thursday, 3/1: St. Catherine of Siena in Norwood will have mass at 6:45 am followed by all-day adoration and every Thurs. in Lent.
- Thursday, 3/1: St. Eulalia in Winchester will have mass at 9 am followed by adoration until 4:30 pm.
- Thursday, 3/1: St. Mary’s in Dedham will have mass at 12:10 pm.
- Friday, 3/2: St. Anthony’s in Taunton will have mass and adoration.
- Friday, 3/2: St. Paul’s in Hingham will have mass and 24 hour adoration
- Friday, 3/2: St. Agnes in Arlington will have 7 am mass and all-day adoration until 5:30 pm
- Friday, 3/2: St Stephen’s in Framingham will have 8:00 am mass and all-day adoration until 9 pm in rectory chapel.
- Friday, 3/2: St. Mary’s in Waltham will have adoration 12:45 to 5:45 pm weekly.
- Friday, 3/2: Holy Rosary in Winthrop will have a 9:00 pm mass followed by all-night adoration and mass again at 5:30 am.
- Friday, 3/2: Sacred Heart of Jesus in Milford 7 am mass with rosary every hour on the half hour and benediction at 11:30
- Saturday, 3/3: St. Theresa of Avila, W. Roxbury, 6:45 am mass every Saturday in Lent.
Forgive me for any errors or omissions! This outpouring of masses and adoration for an end to abortion and the success of the 40 Days for Life Campaign is just tremendous. And to think all we had to do was ask! This is a huge blessing on all of us and especially the mothers and babies, fathers, and families in crisis pregnancies. If your parish is not signed up, the campaign runs until March 25. Send me the dates and I will send you a prayer resource packet to enrich your day.