2020 End of Year Campaign
Without question, 2020 was one of the most difficult storms all of us have had to weather. But one thing is certain: we powered through those many challenges together.
This year showed us what matters most in life, and also that we really don’t know what may happen in the next month…or even next year.
That is why I ask if I can count on you to give a generous year-end donation today so MCFL can keep fighting for the unborn and society’s most vulnerable as we head into 2021.
I know this may be a tough ask considering all that has happened this year, but because of MCFL's members we have a lot to be grateful for! Here are a few of the accomplishments made possible in 2020 because of MCFL's members:
- We forged a new partnership with Tom Harvey, Esq. and his Alliance to Stop Taxpayer Funding of Abortion. Together, in the months ahead, we will work to add a ballot initiative question to individual ballots in the coming years, in an effort to prevent your money from funding abortions in Massachusetts;
- We recruited more activists and volunteers this year than any year prior, who dedicated their time and energy educating others on the dangers of the R.O.E. Act while also promoting a life-affirming message in their communities;
- We engaged with every state legislator to educate him or her on the dangers of the R.O.E. Act. The result? A bill akin to those that sailed through states like New York and Virginia has yet to pass here in Massachusetts -- and has even been met with resistance by our governor -- due to MCFL's activists and members;
- We partnered with students at Harvard Right to Life to host the first Annual Dr. Mildred Fay Jefferson Symposium, where pro-life all-star Stephanie Gray Connors debated notorious abortion supporter Professor Peter Singer;
- MCFL’s online educational materials appeared over 1.51 million times in Google searches, resulting in nearly 50,000 engagements, mostly with students doing research and requesting quotes and interviews with MCFL staff and leadership;
- We held our first virtual event with abortion survivor Melissa Ohden and civil rights icon, Dr. Alveda King, bringing our events to the 21st century and reaching wider audiences;
We have a lot to be proud of in 2020, but we also have a LOT of work to do looking ahead to 2021.
First, it is blatantly obvious the pro-abortion groups like Planned Parenthood and NARAL of Massachusetts are furious with us for the amount of pressure you and your fellow MCFL members put on legislators. Despite many of their deplorable votes in favor of the heinous R.O.E. Act, many legislators were made very uncomfortable and only did so because they were threatened with having the pro-abortion machine run someone against them in a future primary. Of course, that still is no excuse for voting in favor of irresponsible legislation that endangers the lives of our women, girls and infants!
Additionally, Governor Baker, who is a self-proclaimed “pro-choice” politician, vetoed the new abortion bill (H. 5179) on Christmas Eve! This only happened because of you and your fellow MCFL members calling and emailing his office relentlessly. The bill now goes back to the Massachusetts House of Representatives where they will undoubtedly attempt to override his veto. Our work is not done yet! We need to persuade at least three additional legislators not to override the veto.
As we look ahead to 2021 two things are perfectly clear:
We will be increasing our education efforts for students, the general public, and especially for legislators. We know our educational efforts are creating a more pro-life generation among the youth in our state. We saw a lot of people come over to our side when we explained the R.O.E. Act to them, and so we need to start re-educating the general public about the humanity of the unborn child and the horrors of abortion.
- MCFL will be taking on our largest pro-life recruitment efforts in the organization’s history. We hope to identify thousands of new pro-life individuals in the state who can help us in our grassroots pro-life efforts. We cannot allow the pro-abortion lobby to continue to have the influence they do in our state anymore. We must counter their efforts with a strong and robust pro-life organization. MCFL is the only single-issue organization dedicated to the LIFE issue that can accomplish this.
In order to do this, we need to raise an additional $30,000 before midnight on December 31st. This is an ambitious goal, but if every one of the pro-life individuals who see this page gave their most generous gift today, we would easily reach our goal -- and begin our work next week.
Can I count on you now to make an end-of-year contribution to MCFL to help us end 2020 on an optimistic, hopeful, life-affirming note?
As the only single-issue pro-life organization in Massachusetts, we rely 100% on the generosity of our faithful members and donors to accomplish our pro-life mission.
All of us at Massachusetts Citizens for Life are ready to fight on your behalf, but we need your help. Please make your most generous, end-of-year gift below. Thank you!