September 28-November 6, 2016, 7am-7pm
40 Days for Life Boston
Witness to the value of the lives lost out everyday at the largest abortion center in New England! Sign up to participate in the daily local vigil at Boston Planned Parenthood. For further information or if you prefer not to use the online calendar, contact Campaign Director Rita Russo phone: 781-762-4391 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Local seminarians & clergy are scheduled to lead the Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet at Candlelight Vigils on Fridays (English) 7-8PM and Saturdays (Spanish) 6-7PM at Planned Parenthood, 1055 Comm. Ave, Boston.
- National 40 Days for Life Tour Bus Visit – Sunday, October 2, 2016 (4-5pm) Planned Parenthood, 1055 Comm. Ave., Boston: A 40 Days United Tour Bus will be visiting all 50 states during the 40 days of the campaign, making an amazing 128 vigil stops as it crosses the country. The side of the bus will have a running tally of babies saved and abortion centers closed. Come and meet the national leaders! We are part of the largest nationwide pro-life mobilization in history. Bus (free will offering): leaving Babel’s at Norwood Center parking lot 2:30pm, also stopping to pickup at lot opposite Moseley’s, 50 Bridge St, Dedham 2:45pm) If getting on in Norwood, call 781-769-5398; if Dedham, contact Sheila Flanagan at email@example.com or call 781-444-3081.
- Friday evening Candlelight Vigils (English): Planned Parenthood, 1055 Comm. Ave., Boston (Fridays 7-8pm Sept.30-Nov.4. 2016. Bus (free will offering): leaving Babel’s at Norwood Center parking lot 5:30pm, also stopping to pickup at lot opposite Moseley’s, 50 Bridge St, Dedham 5:45pm) If getting on in Norwood, call 781-769-5398; if Dedham, contact Sheila Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-444-3081.
- Saturday evening Candlelight Vigils (Spanish): Planned Parenthood, 1055 Comm. Ave., Boston (Saturdays 6-7pm Oct. 1-Nov. 5, 2016)
- Sunday Afternoon Family Vigils: Boston, 1 p.m. on the sidewalk in front of Planned Parenthood, 1055 Comm. Ave., Boston. (Sundays 1pm Oct. 9-30, 2016). Children instinctively know life is precious! Come foster that love for life in our young people. We especially invite youth groups and confirmation students doing service hours to join us. Bring signs and music if you have them. For further information, contact Boston Campaign Director Rita Russo phone: 781-762-4391 or email: email@example.com.
- Concluding Ceremony: Planned Parenthood, Boston. Celebrant: Rev. Mike McNamara, Sun. Nov. 6, 2016, 3pm.
40 Days for Life, Worcester
- Statewide Rally with National 40 Days for Life Tour Bus Visit: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 7pm, Planned Parenthood, 470 Pleasant Street, Worcester, MA. Make every effort to come — and bring everyone you can — to hear from dynamic local and national speakers … and pray, fast, and stand united with pro-lifers from across the state!
- Rosary with Bishop McManus: Friday, October 14, 2016, 11am, Planned Parenthood, 470 Pleasant St., Worcester.
- Campaign Closing Event: Sunday, Nov. 6, 2016, 3pm. Planned Parenthood, 470 Pleasant St., Worcester, MA.
- Kick-Off Prayer Service with Bishop Edgar M. da Cunha, S.D.V.: Saturday, October 1, 2016, 8am, 150 Emory St, Attleboro, MA.
- Opening Ceremony: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 6pm, North Shore Women’s Center, 480 Lynnfield Street, Lynn, MA.
Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10am-4pm
The 4th Annual Witness for Life Forum
The 4th Annual Witness for Life Forum will be held at the Hagen Center, Assumption College, 500 Salisbury St., Worcester. The theme of this year’s conference is Society at the Crossroads: End of Life Care.
The morning keynote speaker is Sr. Constance Vriet, l.s.p. whose talk is entitled “End of Life Care: the Unique Situation of the Elderly.” The afternoon keynote speaker is Dr. Nicki Verplogen who will address “Caregiving as an Act of Mercy.” You will walk away with information about the new Massachusetts MOLST law (Medical Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment) and how to protect yourself and your loved ones from medical care that is contrary to Catholic Christian values.
Cost of the program is $15 and includes a box lunch. Following the conference, the Sunday vigil Mass will be celebrated at 4:30pm in the Chapel of the Holy Spirit at the college for the convenience of those attending the program. You can register online: www.witnessforlife.com/registration2016 or send a check to: Witness for Life Forum, 16 Robertson Rd, Worcester, MA 01602. Checks should be made payable to Witness for Life. Register early as this conference will sell out.
Thursday, October 27, 2016
2016 Massachusetts Citizens for Life Banquet
At the Four Points Sheraton, Norwood.
Keynote speaker: Dana Scallon, international recording artist, speaker, and former Member of the European Parliament representing Ireland.
Click HERE for more information and tickets.
Sunday, October 30, 2016, 11:30am
Annual Red Mass at Holy Cross Cathedral, Boston
On Sunday, October 31, the annual Red Mass will take place at 11:30am at the Holy Cross Cathedral. Cardinal Seán O’Malley will be the principal celebrant. After Mass the Catholic Lawyers Guild will have it’s luncheon at the Seaport Hotel. Ambassador Ray Flynn will be the guest speaker and Henry Luthin, former chairman of the Board of MCFL, will be the recipient of thr Joseph Nolan Award. The public is invited to attend and MCFL members are encouraged to honor Henry by their attendance. Tickets are $100.00 per person and tables of 8 are available. If you wish to attend, please contact Philip Moran at 978-745-6085 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also order them online from the Catholic Lawyers Guild web site.
Thursday, November 10, 2016
This movie about the notorious Philadelphia abortionist will open in theaters in 2017, but this special free showing will be made for Massachusetts pro-lifers. The film will be shown at Boston College in a location TBD. More details will be forthcoming.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Massachusetts Citizens for Life Quarterly, winter issue publication date.
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Assembly For Life
Fanueil Hall, Boston
Friday, January 27, 2017
March for Life and MCFL Caucus